All of us always associate the internet and the web; basically, the internet has become one of the essential network that have massive networking and infrastructure. This is the infrastructure that is connecting millions of active users and devices worldwide. With the help of the internet, more than 190 countries can exchange the data for free and information as well with the help of lightning-fast speeds.
Now the question arises how does the information and flow of data exchange occur with the help of the internet? Well, the answer to your question is the basic function of the internet moves with the computerized data that can transfer it from one place to another. Besides such basic information, you should know several protocols and terms on which the internet is working. Take a look at the following points to unveil these things.
Terms of the internet that you should know:-
- URL:- the URL stands for the universal resource locator; it is a link that is connecting the user to the remote locator on the WWW (World Wide Web). It is the link that connects a website that will open the URL link for you.
- WWW:- World Wide Web (WWW) is the collection of information, videos, data, pictures, multimedia, etc. on the internet. All of these things are linked together in order to form WWW.
- Host:- the host is the one that is a computer or a device that is being used to transfer the data.
- IP address:– the IP address is the unique code that is different for each computer or the device that is proficient in connecting the internet. This address is four numbers between 0 to 255 that are separated by the dot.
Have a look at the different type of protocols:–
- FTP:- File Transfer Protocol is capable of transferring the files over the internet; these files include the text and multimedia files as well. It is the fastest mode of transferring data instead of any other option available.
- HTTP:- it is the term that stands for the Hypertext Transfer Protocol that follows the client and server model. This is facilitating the connection between the web server and web client.
- TCP:- Transmission Control Protocol that is used for communicating over the particular network; here, the data will be broken into a small packet that can be easily identified by the IP address of them.
Besides all these things, the internet is more than just a huge source of information that is being used by millions of people on a regular basis. Nowadays, its usage has become common as people are using it in various devices, even the work places, home, mobile device, etc. are being used by en number of people to get their work done.
The final verdict
Now we are here along with the closure that defines the internet is currently used by more than 100 million people; these are the individuals connected with its help. The protocols and terms are the thing that is making the working process easier.