Application software can be a computer or mobile program that can help you out in your day to day functioning, which can be educational, calculation, business, or any other. Every software is designed in such a way that it provides one or more benefits to the user who is using it.
Functions of Software
Software is developed to make the user’s life more comfortable, which can also be termed as the software’s functions. A software helps the user in managing the information of personal or professional use. Manipulation or changes in pre-existing data can be done with the help of a software. Do your kids, or you watch any animation series or cartoon? Where do you think that animation comes from? Well, animation series and cartoons are also made by using different softwares. Okay, have you ever used a calculator in your lifetime? You must be like, how stupid question it is everyone uses a calculator in one way or another. But the point is that calculator also works on software; it is a software that helps you in making your calculations.
There are many common softwares that you are using n your day-to-day life, and you don’t even notice that this is software. Some of them are so popular that you can’t even imagine.
- The Microsoft suite: all the features of Microsoft that you use in your daily life are the software results. It can be your MS word, MS office, MS Excel, or MS PowerPoint, etc. all of them are made up of software.
- Internet Browsers: where do you make searches and surf the web? Yes, your favorite browser is a result of software. Opera, chrome, firefox, or any other all are the results of the software.
- Mobile Applications: any kind of mobile application that you use for your social media accounts, your business accounts, for shopping, or for your banking are the results of the software.
Study in detail
- Microsoft office: many of you are working with corporates, and most of them require MS office in use. Does your boss order you to go and make a PowerPoint presentation? Where will you make that? The best you can do is open MS Powerpoint and start making a PPT with facts and figures. Well, the effects and movements that you are going to put in it is an outcome of the software behind it
- Google Apps: all of you are using mobile phones. And all of you often use it also unless you are keeping it just for dummy purposes! Well, jokes apart; a smartphone functions on a basic software that helps in its proper functioning. Not only this, but the apps you use in your smart phone also rely upon the software in it. Your web browser, a gaming application, coaching application, and also video calling applications all are a part of the software in one way or another.
Well, it is pretty much clear that everything in today’s life depends upon the software behind it.